- Wrocław –
○ With an idyllic location on the Odra River, the venerable city comprises 12 islands, 130 bridges and verdant riverside parks
○ The beautifully preserved Cathedral Island is a treat for lovers of Gothic architecture.
○ Though in some ways it’s a more manageable version of Kraków, with all the cultural attributes and entertainment offerings found in that popular destination, the capital of Lower Silesia has an appealing character all its own
○ Having absorbed Bohemian, Austrian and Prussian influences, the city has a unique architectural and cultural make-up, symbolised by its magnificent market square (Rynek).
○ it’s Poland’s fourth-largest city and the major industrial, commercial and educational centre for the region.
○ t the same time it’s a lively cultural hub, with several theatres, major festivals, rampant nightlife and a population of more than 130,000 students.